How to get into a Distance MBA program
What is Distance MBA
Distance MBA is a flexible and affordable course for the working professionals and entrepreneurs. This course is recognized by AICTE/UGC and does not require you to attend regular classes. The course is almost equivalent to the regular MBA course.
This course is best suitable for-
- The aspirants who are not able to pursue a full time MBA.
- Do not have time because of a full time job.
- Unable to do MBA due to the high cost of the regular full time MBA.
Therefore, for the above individuals courses like Distance MBA have proved to be a fruitful option. The distance learning MBA program offered by various institutes provide offline study material along with videos, quiz and student support services. They provide student centric study modules with latest curriculum that will help them become pioneer in their filed in the 21st century.
ADVANTAGES OF THE COURSE
- Economical– The distance MBA is gaining momentum in India now as it is more affordable compared to regular MBA course. The course is of 24 months duration in most of the institutes. They charge approximately 40,000- 80,000 INR. The charges differ from institute to institute according to their ranking in India. The fee for the distance learning is approximately 10% of the full time course. Hence, you can save a lot of money and get a degree at the same time.
- Same Curriculum– The distance learning MBA syllabus is similar in all the respects to the regular MBA course. The topmost institutes now offer AICTE approved/UGC recognized distance MBA program, so that the candidates get their MBA without going through the vigorous routine of class room, lectures and assignments.
- Career Acceleration – Career acceleration is one of the main reasons that a working professional prefers an MBA distance program. This way they don’t have to give up their job and are also liable to get a promotion in the same company. In the 21st century MBA has become a necessary qualification for career progression in the corporate world. This program is one of the best way in which a candidate can upgrade their skill .The candidate also keeps himself familiar with the new and innovative practices in Management through the online learning education and hence, shows a positive career growth.
- Flexible learning– The distance learning program provides flexibility, accessibility and affordability to the candidates. You don’t have to attend the classes and hence you can utilize your time by studying and implementing those ideologies while working.
The basic criteria which is followed by most of the institutes is that-
- The candidate must have completed a degree course of three years duration from a recognized university. The minimum marks required varies from institute to institute. OR
- The candidate must have completed a diploma course with five years of experience.
TOP DISTANCE LEARNING INSTITUTES IN INDIA
The candidate should make sure that the institute they choose for their distance learning should have the updated syllabus and should be in the same lines as that of a regular MBA program.
The candidate must also check the pedagogic tools, curriculum and the mandatory approvals, before selecting the institute. Given below is the list of few topmost institutes that provide MBA distance learning in various specializations.
- Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning
- Amity University
- Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Bharathidasan University – Centre for Distance Education
- ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad
- Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
- Principles of Management
- Business Law
- Professional Communication
- Business Ethics
- Organizational Behavior
- Project Report
The reading material and e-learning has made the distance learning courses a huge success. Use of the latest technology for the lectures, online study material, assignments and examinations has transformed the distance education world. Therefore, this is one quick method for the career accreditation from the comfort of your home while working in the corporate world.
Top cities offering Distance MBA are Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai.
Despite many advantages the distance learning can never compare a regular full time course. The candidate is devoid of the classroom experience, expert guidance in the lectures and the rigorous examinations. Therefore, the candidate can never be compared to a full time degree graduate. There are many advantages of the program but this is the only disadvantage for the aspirants.